RE: [cancelation] Re: [agenda] eGov IG Call, 8 July 2009, 13:00Z

This is/was fine. Can data.gov.* be placed at the beginning of the agenda, so that I can take part?

> In my opinion, the most urgent issue right now is the Charter which
> needs to be fully finished by the end of next week. I would expect
> more discussion on the mailing list about it.
>
> Then, not so urgent, but I'd like to hear opinions on how to move
> data.gov.* memo forward. I believe we need someone to take
> ownership,
> integrate comments, tell the group from time to time by
> email, foster
> discussion.
>
> Rachel, someone from the ETF? Anybody else? Volunteers?

If the timeframe you have in mind for this is about a month, I think I am interested. There are a few reasons I'm not so sure:

* I'm starting a new job at a new place on the 20th of July, so it's (even more) difficult to be certain about my availability. I think it will be fine, though. I'll also be on leave in the last half of August.

* The paper by TimBL [1] seems to have covered a lot of the same ground. Perhaps the memo needs to be re-focussed. This might chew up some time.

* My knowledge of RDF is not so deep.

Are these reservations flimsy?

> Given the increasing number of times I'm asked by people from
> governments wanting to put data online, I really need we need this
> resource to point them to as a first step and would love to have it
> done soonish.

Cheers

Hugh Barnes
Resource Discovery Officer
Disability Services Queensland / Department of Communities
+61 7 324-74533

[1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/GovData.html

"Queensland celebrates its 150th anniversary in 2009. Check out what's on today at www.q150.qld.gov.au."

The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages (which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the addressee any form of disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised.  Opinions contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Queensland Government and its authorities.  If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer system network.