Re: Social Media Project Task

Chris

You make very good points.  Maybe the case studies can be highlighted in the
IG note.  I do think that case studies outside of government will be
helpful.  Governments have tended to approach social media in a one
dimensional approach.  There are exceptions (like the EPA, DARPA, NASA in
the US).  But businesses and other organizations have found some pretty
innovative ways to use social media tools (i.e. Comcast, Virgin Airlines,
and others).

Owen, also makes good point that the open government directives
"collaboration" and "participation" objectives make our social media work
and the useful of technologies like StratML timely (at least in the US).

I would still like to see the social media project support the outreach
effort of the group in promoting the Open Government Data and Linked
Government Data projects.  Seems like the prefect vehicle for making our
point of social media.

Brian