RE: Social Media Project Task

The StratML collection currently contains  115 plans referencing "outreach,"
187 referencing "collaboration," 178 referencing "participation," and 87
referencing "tansparency."  http://xml.gov/stratml/index.htm#Services

Perhaps some of the objectives contained in those plans might be good use
cases for consideration by the eGov IG.  However, there is one particularly
good use case:  http://xml.gov/stratml/crane/OGD.xml

It would be great if agencies could use StratML in combination with social
networking services to enable transparency, participation, collaboration,
and "openness" in compiling and soliciting input and feedback on the open
gov plans required by objective 3.a of the President's open gov directive.

Similarly, it would be good if the eGov IG could do likewise with respect to
its plan(s).

BTW, the President's directive defines an "open format" as "one that is
platform independent, machine readable, and made available to the public
without restrictions that would impede the re-use of that information."
(StratML is such a format.)

Owen