Re: EOWG Comments on "Improving Access to Government through Better Use of the Web", April 2009

Dear Shawn and EOWG,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Group Note in such detail.
Your efforts are very much appreciated.

The expertise of EOWG is very much welcome and the comments are very
helpful to improve the document and provide better context and
information on how the content relates to Web accessibility.

Chairs and me have reviewed the comments and taken the following
actions so far:
1) Opened ISSUE-30 [1]
2) All replacement text provided has been already integrated into the
Note
(marked with @@, end in "ISSUE-30", and have a blue background)
3) Suzanne Acar has recently joined us as technical editor upon
getting several suggestions on having one.

With regard to comment 3.2, I'm copying both Suzanne and Kevin whom
I'm sure will further review and edit introductory sections making
them easier to read and understand. Suzanne has already made some
edits to those sections and I want to take the opportunity to thank
her again for her help and support.

eGov IG will hold a telcon on Wed, April 29, when the Group will
review all open issues [2] (including this one) and when Chairs
expects to resolve the majority of them, then another one on May 6 to
hopefully resolve last ones.

Please, note that eGov IG does not currently intend to publish another
draft but the final document on May, 12. The editor's draft is
available at [3] and I'm updating it regularly.

One of the previously empty sections has been already added, the Multi-
Channel Delivery section [4]. Please, also note that the
Interoperability section [5] has changed significantly. Miguel Amutio
(also copied) is now the main author of both. Although your comments
have been taking into account and final edits still need to be done,
you might want to review those.
Unfortunately, it's likely the "Long Term Data Management" section
will be removed from the final document since content have not reached
us yet.

We'd be happy to keep an exchange of ideas and open discussion trying
to best integrate your comments related to Web accessibility while the
editing process continues but please note that, due to our tight
publication schedule, it's very likely we could not deal with comments
reaching us later than May, 5th.

I hope the actions taken satisfy EOWG and plan to keep you updated if
further significant changes arise in the document. Thanks once again
for the time you are putting on helping us to improve the document.

Best,
Jose.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/track/issues/30
[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/track/issues