From: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org <public-egov-ig-request@w3.org>
To: eGovIG IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Tue Apr 21 10:33:43 2009
Subject: Re: more examples for Participation and Engagement

I thought this might be a good time to say hello. Hello.

I've been active with the use of the Internet for participation and
engagement for about 15 years and have a mother lode of examples, case
studies, etc. that can be mined by your efforts.

I am currently over the top busy "doing" online engagement through
E-Democracy.Org, but for now a few useful starting points:

http://publicus.net/articles.html - "Sidewalks" and "Join the
Evolution" are current. My report to the UN is older, but
comprehensive.
http://blog.e-democracy.org/posts/256 - Recent E-Transparency slides,
more speeches: http://publicus.net/speaker.html

http://dowire.org/wiki/UK_highlights - Case studies and "briefs"
commissioned by UK Local E-Democracy National Project
http://groups.dowire.org/groups/newswire - My Democracies Online
Newswire (started in 98)
http://groups.dowire.org - Various e-democracy/e-participation related
groups - Consult@ and Research@ may be of most interest, the "online
news" peer group I now host is quiet active but likely out of scope
for your effort
http://delicious.com/dowire/e-democracy - 280 things I've tagged "e-democracy"
http://e-democracy.org/if - E-Democracy's successful local "online
townhall model" being used in 15 communities across three countries

Cheers,
Steven Clift
Executive Director, E-Democracy.Org
http://stevenclift.com