RE: Plain Language use case [was RE: Suggestion for Introduction]

Good suggestion, Pavan.  Xopus has provided a prototype form for StratML
documents, which is available at http://xml.gov/stratml/index.htm#Forms or,
more specifically, http://xopus.com/Demo/stratml

I'm copying Laurens in the event that Xopus may wish to provide similar
capability to collaboratively edit W3C Notes, like ours:
http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/Group/docs/note

BTW, Adobe has also provided a PDF Fillable form that produces XML documents
conforming to the StratML schema, and MS Word 2007 can and has been used as
well.  Business Web Software also produced a StratML prototype form, using
their Achieve Forms software application.  Links are provided at
http://xml.gov/stratml/index.htm#Forms

When I suggested that W3C Notes are somewhat "proprietary" in nature, I was
referring to the fact that editors are expected, if not required to use
Amaya -- http://www.w3.org/Amaya/ -- and in my case, the W3C's technical
support folks were unable to give me edit access to the draft.  In my view,
that violates the principle of separation of concern by tying the data too
closely to the software.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_concerns   From my perspective, a
good test of the openness of "data" is whether it can be edited using myriad
tools.  It also seems to me that the W3C's publication rules are a little
onerous and focus on issues other than making the W3C's data readily
accessible to and usable by stakeholders (like us).  Perhaps that is merely
a case of ignorance on my part.  However, highly effective organizations
have ways of accommodating ignorant as well as highly educated stakeholders.

Owen Ambur

Co-Chair Emeritus,  <http://xml.gov/index.asp> xmlCoP

Co-Chair, AIIM  <http://xml.gov/stratml/index.htm> StratML Committee

Member, AIIM  <http://www.aiim.org/Standards/article.aspx?ID=29284> iECM