group participation -- Re: [agenda] eGov IG call, 15 April 2009, 13:00Z (9:00EST, 14:00GMT, 15:00CET)

Hi Jeremiah, all,

Thanks for sending the intro messages. This is really helpful. Please,
keep them coming.

We are seeing increasing interest on this Group's work specially in
the last weeks. This means that several new people have been
subscribed to the mailing list and some have joined the group
"officially". Thanks for your interest.

I need to highlight a small piece of the agenda I sent:
|Who can participate:
|  http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/participation

In summary, everybody is welcome to become an "official" Group
participant but they have to follow the "Invited Expert" process as
described there. Only the "official" participants can participate in
Group calls, become authors of the document and have their say on the
decisions this Group has to take.

As Members of the Group already know, I'm lowering every barrier I can
to participate but process-wise at W3C there are things that must be
done and good reasons for them to be done. Sorry for the trouble. Ping
me if you need more info.

Finally, although exciting to see so many new people joining us (thank
you again!) this Group is only chartered until May 31. One of our main
goals for the upcoming weeks is also to develop the new charter and
see where we want this group to go next. I encourage you all to think
seriously about it, submit ideas and take the chance to "officially"
join the Group. Charter needs to be consistent with our findings and
use cases, with needs of the participants and finally has to be
approved by the W3C Membership.

Bottom line: exciting work ahead! :)

-- Jose

--