From: Tim McMahon <tmcmahon@elevenlimited.com>
Sent: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 07:18:54 -0400
To: "Jose M. Alonso" <josema@w3.org>
CC: public-egov-ig@w3.org
Subject: [agenda] eGov IG telecon, 25 June 2008

Hello folks,

I'm working through a post surgery experience - had a torn bicep
repaired last week. With a cast from shoulder to wrist on my dominant
arm, typing is very slow and difficult. I have a follow-up w/ the ortho
this morning so I'll miss the telecon. My apologies to the group.

Tim
--
*Tim McMahon, MS*
Creative Director

Jose M. Alonso wrote:

> Hi Katie,
>

>> I will attend by phone. I will not be able to use IRC.
>
> Call is only for Group participants... I think there is a
> misunderstanding about the way this works, so I'll send a separate
> message to explain it in more detail.
>

>> Note that many government (and governement located) folks when
>> attending the calls during work hours may not be able to use IRC due
>> to access restriction and firewall issues.
>
> That's one of the goals of the agenda item, to learn if people are
> used to IRC and potential issues.
>
> I want to encourage everybody who participates in the call to join
> also on IRC. It makes things much easier administrative wise (eg.
> minuting, actioning), and also enrich the experience since we can add
> information there (eg. a pointer to additional information about the
> discussion).
>
> I'll try to the best of my ability and the help of the W3C Systems
> Team and other Members of the Group who are quite knowledgeable of the
> W3C Process and the technology itself, to help others get connected.
>
> For this specific issue, I think that our the IRC Web client could be
> of help. It's available at:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>

> This Web interface *is not public*, but restricted to Group
> participants. Also more about participation in the next message.
>
> Best,
> Jose.
>
> --
> Jose M. Alonso <josema@w3.org>    W3C/CTIC
> eGovernment Lead                  http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/
>

>> Looking forward to the meeting!
>>
>> Katie Haritos-Shea

>>> 1. Scribe selection [2min]
>>> 2. Welcome and practicalities [15min]
>>>    * meetings/telecon
>>>     (see: http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Teleconferences)
>>>    * IRC everybody!
>>> 3. Review of Agenda Items [2min]
>>> 4. Intro: 2 minutes round the table [15min]