Re: first very rough editor's draft of group note

El 11/12/2008, a las 3:42, Owen Ambur escribió:
> Jose, you said: "... one of the main Group's goals [is] to make W3C
> better
> speak in government terms ..."

Yes, and it's in the charter:
   http://www.w3.org/2008/02/eGov/ig-charter#scope

> In the U.S., that is the essence of the purpose of the Federal
> Enterprise
> Architecture (FEA) reference models, i.e., to establish the terms and
> categories by which agencies are supposed to consider IT investments:
> http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/egov/a-2-EAModelsNEW2.html
>
> As far as W3C Recommendations are concerned, the FEA Technical
> Reference
> Model (TRM) is most relevant: http://xml.gov/stratml/crane/FEATRM.xml
>
> Relatively few of the W3C's Recommendations are currently included
> in the
> TRM: http://www.xml.gov/draft/W3CRecommendationsFEATRM.pdf

Ok. I remember you (maybe someone else) mentioned about this before.
Thanks.

> Proposed changes to the FEA models are due by January 12 for
> consideration
> in the FY 2011 budget cycle.

What's the rationale and process?
I'm copying Kevin since he will probably understand it better than me
anyway :)

-- Jose