Re: On why we cannot (easily) delete/merge the editing specs

Right,
so most of your former spec currently lives in the execCommand spec. That
spec has been updated and is alive, mainly because of the Clipboard API
people who actually need a small part of execCommand - just not things
related to contentEditable.

A little too much has been moved into the execCommand spec. The items you
mention about paragraph merging and splitting are at least in part only
about contentEditable=True user keyboard/IME input without being related to
execCommand. So maybe that could be moved. Once we get there we'll make
sure to consult with you, Aryeh!