Re: On why we cannot (easily) delete/merge the editing specs

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 4:24 AM, Johannes Wilm <mail@johanneswilm.org> wrote:
> Eventually we should move some items from the
> execCommand spec (about paragraph merging and splitting, etc.) into this
> document, but one will have to spend some time trying to untangle what is
> what.

I mentioned it before, but I'll add again -- if you want good
paragraph merging and splitting algorithms that (for instance)
correctly preserve formatting, I think you'll wind up having to copy a
large fraction of the contenteditable=true spec.  If you ever manage
to devise some paragraph merging/splitting algorithm that's much
simpler than copying a large fraction of the contenteditable=true
spec, make sure to point me to it, because I might be able to notice
things that it's missing.