Re: F2F in Redmond

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 2:35 AM, Johannes Wilm <johannes@fiduswriter.org> wrote:
> PD: I am personally fine with removing contentEditable=True entirely, if browser makers have come to the conclusion that the existing text does not make sense. But last time the question of fixing contentEditable=True vs. inventing something new came up here, others seemed to have stronger opinions about this.
>
> Just adding a few people to CC who could possibly have an opinion about this.

As I think I said elsewhere, unless some implementers' opinions have
changed, it makes sense not to bother working on a spec for
contenteditable=true (although browsers will have their keep their
existing implentations indefinitely for web compat).  I think it does
make sense to make sure the existing spec is kept somewhere in case
someone wants it someday, marked as an unmaintained historical
document.