Re: yet another proposal

I agree. BeforeInput gives us a lot already and this shouldn't break
anything. Ryosuke recently proposed to add all the execCommands as
editTypes. Everyone ok with that?
We can then additionally say that if a browser adds new editing behavior
that does change the DOM, but doesn't correspond to any of the specced
editTypes, they still have to trigger a beforeInput event. The editType for
that can be "unknown" or a word the browser makes up. The goal will then of
course be to spec such new editTypes ASAP.

As for the presentation in the web platform WG: thanks to Koji, Ryosuke and
Chaals for helping out there.

Also some interesting thoughts on the underlining problem Ryosuke
explained. It almost seems the underlining could be handled in JS/CSS -
except that the words that are composed often just correspond to partial
elements and therefore cannot be targeted by CSS Selectors. And forcing
editors to create a new element to do their composition in is likely not
acceptable.

So altogether it seems Ryosuke is the cleanest way of doing it we can get
for now. But I think Ojan is also right and recent experience shows us that
we often find issues when looking into the details. So lets aim on
resolving the IME stuff in the near future, but not necessarily tomorrow.