Re: explanatory note: preventDefault, IME & keyboard input

Yes, indeed, I concur with Florian/Ojan.

But I also agree with Koji that we should make the default action of
compositionend canceable (spec currently says it's not). Being able to
cancel the automatic pasting of the composed string is useful in cases of
recomposition where the JS attempts to recreate the DOM structure in case
of words/strings that cross element boundaries.

Making all browsers behave will entail some work on part of those browsers
that currently do not allow caret movement during compositionstart. That
much is clear. But are there cases where this is technically impossible? If
so, which platforms/browsers would that be?