Re: High-level goals and objectives of the Editing TF (was Way forward and IME behavior speccing

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Johannes Wilm <johanneswilm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> this wasn't meant as restarting this debate. It was merely meant as an
> explanatory note why I think dealing with IME this way is consistent with
> everything else we do.

IIUC your "everything else" is cut & copy etc., not hardware keyboard,
correct? As I replied to Florian, it looks inconsistent to me.

Continuing discussion on ML is also fine with me, I may not be able to
respond to all of them, and probably we will not be able to reach
consensus on ML, but it might help discussions at Sapporo.

> At this stage I think if we start out from scratch, we risk killing the tf
> altogether and live another fifteen years with what we have. If there are
> strong views that IME cannot be dealt with correctly without a few years of
> discussion on IMEs, we may just need to remove IME from version 1.0 entirely
> and instead put it into the next version. The old cE doesn't go away from
> browsers, so it's not like we take anything away from anyone.

Proposal is fine, it's everyone's right. Can you get WG resolutions if
you want to remove IME?

/koji