Re: Way forward and IME behavior speccing

> On 12 Oct 2015, at 21:46, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I basically agree with rniwa. Let's focus on things that bothers editor JS developers today. "Not messing DOM at all" itself shouldn't be our goal, it should be "only where it really bothers."

This seems contradictory. "Messing with the DOM" is bothering JS editor developers today, because then the DOM becomes inconsistent with their internal model. For example, implementing "undo" if you were the one doing all the changes to the DOM is much easier than if you also have to watch the dom in case something else changes it, and reconstruct these changes into steps that can be undone.

> Also let's not worry too much on future, today's IME API cannot submit HTML. Fixing is easier than preventing.

Do you mean we can design the the API in a way that does not allow IMEs to submit HTML? That would make the design much simpler (like the one we agreed to in Paris).

> I'd like to make it minimal and make interoperable implementations happen first.

+1

 - Florian