Re: Proposal for Input Events - inputType and default actions

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 8:46 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/9/15 2:20 PM, Ben Peters wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have thoughts on this?
>

> Hi Ben,
>
> (Sorry for not replying to your earlier request for feedback.)
>
> Re #1 and #2, if you haven't already done as you suggested below, I
> recommend you do so.

For #1, what rniwa commented on Jan 21 makes sense to me, so I'm fine
not to include. I think inclusion would make our design cleaner and
better, but we might not have a good use case to justify the cost, and
we might see some issues if we try that.

If you think it should be included for now, I'm fine with that too,
but as Arthur said, it might be better to mark as an issue so that
readers can leave comments in the issue if they found anything.

For #2, I agree with Arthur.

> Re #3 and #4, in the absence of feedback from others, perhaps it would be
> useful if the relevant spec text was embellished with an "Issue Block" that
> includes a link to the GH Issue as well as explicitly asks for feedback.

Agreed. These issues should not block FPWD, and I think they're good
issues for spec readers to pay attentions to. I think we should mark
them in the spec anyway even if the TF has some level of consensus.

/koji