Re: F2F meting Warsaw, dates

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:

> > On 01 Jul 2015, at 13:15, Frederico Knabben <f.knabben@cksource.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > We should not make a big event out of this. It is supposed to be a group
> meeting to have things done and move the specs forward.
>
> I agree we should not try to make this into a massive thing. At the same
> time, I think we should try to have all the major browsers represented, as
> it doesn't matter what we can agree to spec if it doesn't get implemented.

I agree that we shouldn't create a massive event. But I think it's probably
a good idea that no person who could have some stake in this feels left
out. Otherwise it may create the impression that this is only a small
special interest group that is driving their own agenda. To avoid several
alternative editing-related specs to develop simultaneously and because we
don't currently plan on setting up any further meetings beyond this one,
it's probably a good idea to make sure that everyone at least heard about
it.

Some months ago it was requested here to please also notify the lists of
the two working groups related to this task force. I am not sure if that is
something people still think is necessary, or if all the relevant
participants at this stage have joined this taskforce as well.

> As far as I can see we have:
> - Apple: Ryosuke Niwa
> - Google: Ojan Vafai
> - Microsoft: Grisha Lyukshin
>
> But I can't see anyone from Mozilla, even though they're hosting.

> Simon, are you joining (and able to represent Gecko's position, which is
> probably more critical than Servo's)? If not, know anyone who could?

That's a very good point. I certainly hope someone will join the meeting!

>  - Florian

http://www.johanneswilm.org
tel: +1 (520) 399 8880