Re: on execCommand() and script-triggered copy/cut/paste

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Johannes Wilm <johannes@fiduswriter.org>
wrote:

> This is what happened here: Aryeh's draft was out there, then our version.
> The clipboard api people saw that and assumed it was a good idea to
> continue building on top of execCommand.

Just for the record - the "clipboard people" (i.e. yours truly) simply
assumed that a spec documenting what several implementations do, cleaning
up the corner cases to make it easier to achieve compatibility would be a
useful thing to do - this has nothing to do with a spec being considered
more or less authoritative, I was just assuming that you were having
similar goals. So since I'm trying to build on and refine the legacy,
implemented stuff and you're trying to replace it we end up discovering
that we've made opposite assumptions and have mutually incompatible goals
for our specs. Such things happen :)
-Hallvord