Re: User Intentions Explainer (was: List of Intentions)

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I believe that after long
discussions we left the question "what should contenteditable=minimal be?"
unanswered. First the intention events lists should be created, so we can
see what needs to be handled. And this is what Ben Peters is working on.

Still we may also take in consideration that there are limited resources
> available for working on the specs. Therefore the whole work could be
> separated into two *independent* topics:
>  1. Intention events + execCommand.
>  2. contenteditable=“minimal”

That's what I was proposing as well - to have the base (which consists
mainly of fixed selection API and intention events) ready as soon as
possible, so hopefully browser makers can start implementing it and then
we, editor makers, can start using it. This part will already improve the
current situation a lot, but it's itself pretty hard as we can see. Then,
if anyone will be still interested, a specification for default browser's
actions can be created. It's a huge task and there are a lot of
controversial topics like the famous delete/backspace behaviour when
merging blocks and that's why I would not recommend starting these
discussions right now.

--
Piotrek Koszuliński
CKEditor JavaScript Lead Developer