RE: Only Text Input and Intention Events: Return key

Good points on IMEs. I added https://github.com/w3c/editing-explainer/issues/34 to discuss this.

-----Original Message-----
From: chaals@yandex-team.ru [mailto:chaals@yandex-team.ru]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:52 PM
To: Ben Peters; Koji Ishii; Norbert Lindenberg
Cc: Frederico Knabben; public-editing-tf
Subject: Re: Only Text Input and Intention Events: Return key

18.12.2014, 01:47, "Ben Peters" <Ben.Peters@microsoft.com>:
> The difference between cE=typing and a simple input control is that cE=typing supports full HTML content.

Yes...

> This is why I don't think we should support delete in the browser.

But.

> We should be clear that you must have a javascript editor backing cE=typing because otherwise it's not useful at all.

Sure, but if, for example, it plays a role in the IME it would be nicer to let it do that as feasible. IMHO. (Be aware, I am one of the few people here not implementing editing code).

cheers
--
Charles McCathie Nevile - web standards - CTO Office, Yandex chaals@yandex-team.ru - - - Find more at http://yandex.com