Re: [dxwg] should DCAT 3 provide its own way to indicate the query to pose to the data service endpoints? (#1230)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 23:21:17 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
There is no way you can predict all the forms of Web based API that will emerge and die over the lifetime of DCAT. The appropriate response is to develop a profile of DCAT to achieve interoperability for a given API and service metadata form - and if it becomes very popular people will just use the profile to the exclusion of others.

In a project I am creating a draft DCAT-QB profile - and in previous work I created a URL templating based on QB to describe the parameters in queries and templates.  If some variant of OpenAPI emerges with a canonical means to describe data dimensions and queries I'd image it will become quite popular.. for a while.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1230#issuecomment-659064482 using your GitHub account