Re: [dxwg] Specify the realisation order of precedence for conflicting profile negotiation situations (#505)

From: Lars G. Svensson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 06:16:57 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I think the operative word here is "Web application". Admitting that I've only once confitgured an Apache server to use content negotiation (several years ago), my understanding at that time was that that configuration -- serving one specific path -- was _only_ used for serving content from the file system (i. e. `foo.html.en` vs `foo.html.fr` vs `foo.ttl`). In all other cases the Apache worked as a reverse proxy forwarding the request to the correct web application. Those web applications had full freedom to handle any combination of request URI (which would include QSA) and http headers.
So my take would be that **if** Apache or nginx implement conneg-by-ap, they will only implement http header negotiation and not care about QSA. Given that Apache doesn't implement e. g. Memento, I'm not sure they will implement conneg-by-ap either...

--
GitHub Notification of comment by larsgsvensson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/505#issuecomment-532983898 using your GitHub account