Re: [dxwg] Introduce mappingFrom and mappingTo properties (#810)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 21:05:28 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I'm a bit split here: this was about indicating that a resource includes alignments, wasn't it? This would seem rather handy. PROF has a section
That said it indeed would bring complexity. I don't think we need the "from" that @kcoyle mentions, (it can be said to be the profile that the resource is connected to) but the "to" would be needed, as without a target an alignment is a bit moot.

Note that we could also defer to some other vocabularies, like VoiD, which has features for "[linksets](https://www.w3.org/TR/void/#describing-linksets)" that we could use to indicate alignments between profiles. But that would be probably only work for formal representation of profiles in RDF-like expressions of profiles, not for the documentations.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/810#issuecomment-532402005 using your GitHub account