Re: [dxwg] Rename Resource Descriptor class (#573)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 09:24:08 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@dr-shorthair yes I was mildly aware of this before starting my comment, that's why I checked the definition and usage note to be sure of what I was writing. The problem is that not everyone will do this. But well anyway it's not a problem for DCAT!

Btw the fact that I'm relatively ok with it is that `dcat:Resource` is a super-class of other important classes in DCAT (the same way as happens with `prof:Resource` in PROF, another notable use of the R word). It's not harshly counter-intuitive to find something called "resource" when it's a the top of the (local) hierarchy. But that wouldn't be the case if we mint `prof:Resource` or `prof:ProfileResource` instead of `ResourceDescriptor`: even if it is prefixed with `prof`:, my intuition would be that `ProfileResource` would serve as a super-class of (most) of what is in PROF, which is arguably not the case of `ResourceDescriptor`(i.e. it's not a superclass of `prof:Profile`).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/573#issuecomment-532139132 using your GitHub account