Re: [dxwg] Registration of target attribute "profile" for the Link-Header (#501)

From: Lars G. Svensson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:42:03 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Resolution: The IETF document will contain text to register the target attribute `profile` for the `Link` header as follows (cf. [my comment above](#issuecomment-525641306))
> When used in a Link header field, the "profile" attribute is a hint indicating which profile the resource representation retrieved by dereferencing the link conforms to. Note that this is only a hint; for example it does not override the "Content-Profile" header field of a HTTP response obtained by actually following the link. Multiple "profile" attributes on a single link value indicate that the resource representation conforms to multiple profiles.

Since there is consensus on that, I mark this issue as "due-for-closing". The discussion about the mapping of tokens to URIs are really part of #290 so I shall comment there.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by larsgsvensson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/501#issuecomment-530325399 using your GitHub account