Re: [dxwg] What does prof:profileOf entail? (#507)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 07:06:58 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@aisaac I think your point makes sense. Just a question, does the DPLA MAP strictly satisfy all the constraints defined in EDM for all the elements it reuses from EDM? If so, I would agree that it is a profile of EDM, because it does not violate EDM.
The case of DCAT-AP extensions is stronger: it also considers the use of 'similar' classes and properties -- of which the `dpla:SourceResource` as 'similar' to `edm:ProvidedCHO` is an example -- a violation of the rules. So the relationship between an extension of DCAT-AP and DCAT-AP would need to be a stricter sub-property of `prof:isProfileOf`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/507#issuecomment-530251713 using your GitHub account