Re: [dxwg] Axiomitise transitivity of dct:conformsTo through isProfileOf relationships (#844)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 14:19:07 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@kcoyle yes indeed we can't assume that all profiles fit these rules. But I would say that here it's fair that the burden of proof falls on the contradicting side: we just need one legit counter-example to prove the axiom wrong.

Btw I'm not sure that the Europeana Data Model rules fit the axiom. As said earlier I just didn't have time to check it further. But I feel that @agreiner may be on a good interpretation of what happens in the Europeana context. The one example that comes to mind now is the [DPLA application profile](https://pro.dp.la/hubs/metadata-application-profile). It is "based on EDM" as it re-uses quite some vocabulary elements from EDM (themselves inherited from other vocabularies) and some key patterns. But for one key type of resources it uses its own class (dpla:SourceResource) which differs from the EDM one (edm:ProvidedCHO) therefore most of DPLA's metadata record wouldn't qualify for ingestion in Europeana. There would be a data conversion (albeit a simple one) to run first.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/844#issuecomment-529957527 using your GitHub account