Re: [dxwg] Specify the realisation order of precedence for conflicting profile negotiation situations (#505)

From: Lars G. Svensson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 08:52:08 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@rob-metalinkage scripsit:

I certainly support this view and would go even further to say that when **any** request URI (not only "human agency") trumps the HTTP headers sent with that request. So if I ask for http://example.org/foo.html and my headers say `Accept: text/turtle` I still expect to get the content of `foo.html` and not of `foo.ttl`. The only other option for the server would be to answer with `406` saying that the media type of `foo.html` isn't compatible with the `Accept`-header I sent, but that seems overly restrictive to me.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by larsgsvensson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/505#issuecomment-529365835 using your GitHub account