Re: [dxwg] Axiomitise transitivity of dct:conformsTo through isProfileOf relationships (#844)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 08:14:13 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Having vague semantics can be a way forward, as per the "minimal ontological commitment" design principle (and cf "Best Practice 16: Choose the right formalization level" [in earlier W3C work](https://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp/#dataVocabularies)). I believe PROF can be useful even if there's no axiom on conformsTo/isProfile of. But indeed, if there can be such axiom (i.e. there's no objection to it, based on the profiles we see out there), then it's nice to have it.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/844#issuecomment-529350420 using your GitHub account