Re: [dxwg] FPWD comment: use dcat:Distribution for Resource (#529)

From: Karen Coyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 19:16:12 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@aisaac Thanks. Do you have an idea of what would be the new issue (since this one has taken a rather crooked path)?

There is an open issue about a "formalism" between DCAT and PROF (#808), but I think this is more fundamental. We've had lengthy discussions about this, including #769, which questions the overall design, of which the "DCAT Distribution" shape would be one possible one. There is also #638.

From what I can tell, we don't have a clear path to agreement here. We should probably return to this only after reviewing the current draft because it seems to me that a first assessment should be whether this is still an issue, or if the current draft resolves it. We should also consider whether we want to address this at all, or if this could be a "decided not to address" issue (assumng commenters here are in agreement with that).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/529#issuecomment-529233100 using your GitHub account