Re: [dxwg] Registration of target attribute "profile" for the Link-Header (#501)

From: Lars G. Svensson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 09:22:32 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@hvdsomp scripsit:
> I seem to remember having expressed significant concerns about the token approach

Yes, you have. That said, I think that an extensible syntax for the `profile` attribute that does *not only allow* for `token=foo` but for *any parameter* (e. g. `foo=bar`) does make sense. If people decide to use it for tokens, they may do so, but then that's outside of the IETF document's scope (which this issue is really about).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by larsgsvensson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/501#issuecomment-527073527 using your GitHub account