One more thing: RE: DCAT sub-group call 2019.03.27

In addition, it was agreed that the DCAT sub-group would meet at 2000 UTC Wednesday from next week - so no change for US, UK and Central Europe and a somewhat earlier meeting for those in the  southern hemisphere

David Browning
Platform Architect, Refinitiv

From: david.browning@refinitiv.com [mailto:david.browning@refinitiv.com]
Sent: 28 March 2019 10:55
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: DCAT sub-group call 2019.03.27

Minutes are at https://www.w3.org/2019/03/27-dxwgdcat-minutes

Some key resolutions that were made:

1. The version number on the recommendation document will be "2".  This is consistent with urls used for the public working drafts (e.g https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat-2/ and  https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-vocab-dcat-2-20181016/ ) and reflects discussions last year as well as the degree of change that DCAT-rev provides.  We will make it explicit in the document that the intention is not to break anything in DCAT2014.  [Note that the Charter and some other related documents talk about a DCAT 1.1, and so we may need to communicate this a bit - e.g. to W3M]

2.  We plan to use github milestone 15 (https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/milestone/15<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_w3c_dxwg_milestone_15&d=DwMFAg&c=4ZIZThykDLcoWk-GVjSLmy8-1Cr1I4FWIvbLFebwKgY&r=t5gpott7XAZ7tlIjMNZaUyC23xIXjJl1zwC0b26wrUA&m=kwWUzG28uRYHhl-9CCDf3YHjcnnL-dLeFRz06z6WjTE&s=KeEC2LsemV7dhe1O_w0lsIJ7ZSub3So-fng8AgataUI&e=>) for those issues that we believe to be a priority for a future release.  So it won't include all open DCAT issues, only those which we believe are most significant. We think this will be helpful in having a dialog with the wider community on priorities for extensions, and might solicit useful feedback on any number of concerns.  We plan to change the name to "DCAT Priority" to make this a bit clearer. Clearly this would only be guidance into any future WG activity