Re: [dxwg] Does "profile of" require all or some elements? (#802)

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 14:21:48 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
While a vocabulary alone cannot solve these issues, I think the question is whether the community around the vocabulary shouldn't have a solution. In most vocabularies that I know there are things that the vocabulary alone cannot impose, but the intention of the community is clear. Naturally anyone can create bad data, but the intention of the vocabulary, and the reasons behind that, are known. Then a standard constraint application or language can be applied. I would interpret Annette's question as one to the community: what do you mean by this? what rules do you expect users to adhere to?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/802#issuecomment-476668314 using your GitHub account