Re: [dxwg] Remove DataDistributionService (#825)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 00:33:42 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@agreiner : Picking up on your last point: as I recall the discussion in the meeting, this `DataService` class is indeed intended to correspond to APIs, and we agreed to continue to use this class name (@andrea-perego described strong precedents from the GI community).

On the other hand, we decided that `Data Applications` (e.g. with web-hosted UIs) are out of scope for this iteration of DCAT. **Perhaps a note should be added to make this explicit**, and to point out that a class for _applications_ might be constructed as additional sub-classes of `dcat:Resource`.

(In some cases there could be a relationship from a data-application to a data-service, and perhaps also to to datasets, but I think we agreed to defer modeling of the data-application class at this stage.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/pull/825#issuecomment-476428654 using your GitHub account