Re: [dxwg] Remove DataDistributionService (#825)

From: Annette Greiner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 00:04:25 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
This PR is still referencing the type of service that we said we were not going to address.
In index.html
Line 275: " A data service might represent a data distribution service to select and download a distribution of a dataset or subset, or a data discovery service to find the description of a suitable dataset, often through a portal or catalog service."
Line 2114: " is an extension point for the description of any kind of data service. " I don't think we've agreed on any kind of future structure.
Line 2116: "The kind of service can be indicated using the dct:type"
Lin 2117: "A data discovery service supports discovery of data"
In dcat.ttl
Line 276: skos:scopeNote "The class dcat:DataService is an extension point for the description of any kind of data service. Additional subclasses may be defined in a DCAT application profile or other DCAT application for catalogs of specific kinds of services"
Line 279:   skos:scopeNote "A data discovery service supports discovery of data, usually by providing access to a Catalog. In that context the data discovery service can be understood as a DataService in which least one dcat:Catalog appears as the object of its dcat:servesDataset property"

If people want to reserve the name DataService for a future parent class, I would suggest we use DataAPI for this, so that we have the option to later define a parent class without forcing people to change their RDF.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by agreiner
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/pull/825#issuecomment-476423190 using your GitHub account