[dxwg] Axiomitise transitivity of dct:conformsTo through isProfileOf relationships (#844)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 23:34:58 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
rob-metalinkage has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/dxwg:

== Axiomitise transitivity of dct:conformsTo through isProfileOf relationships ==
Based on the normative text,

:aResource dct:conformsTo  :Profile1 .
:Profile1 prof:isProfileOf :Profile2 .

entails:
:aResource dct:conformsTo :Profile2 .

we can add an OWL axiom to formalise this entailment - i think it would look like this

dct:conformsTo owl:PropertyAxiom ( dct:conformsTo prof:isProfileOf)

Can we confirm this is correct and if so vote to include it in the normative ontology and description?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/844 using your GitHub account