Re: [dxwg] prof:profileOf sub-property of prov:wasDerivedFrom (!?) (#485)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 23:51:02 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I think we have found no compelling case to include strong axiomitisation tying the specific isProfileOf semantics to the more general defintions in PROV.  We can publish this as a recommended "alignment" following DCAT practice. Maybe add into the usage note that it is a stronger bit compatible semantics that the prov:wasDerivedFrom which may be asserted using the relevant alignment vocab.

proposal: update usage note, leave issue in new PWD to elicit any further insights.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/485#issuecomment-474145016 using your GitHub account