Re: [dxwg] Two things that our "profiles" are not (#976)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 14:21:28 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@RubenVerborgh @rob-metalinkage I am quite puzzled by your points: the position I'm reflecting here wrt JSON-LD results from plenary discussions with the JSON-LD WG: https://www.w3.org/2018/10/26-dxwg-minutes#x06
And as stated, it seems that they've even acted on this since then, as they've embarked on renaming as "forms" what they used to refer to "profiles":
https://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld11/#forms-of-json-ld

Or maybe we should clarify that the kind of profiles here are in terms of (RDF) semantics? In fact RDF/XML may be argued to have the same kind of variations as can be present in JSON: ie. it's possible to express some statements as an attribute or a (sub-)element. To me a specification that would dictate one or the other form of encoding wouldn't count as a profile, though it may indeed be a rather deep difference in terms of the XML document.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/976#issuecomment-516440826 using your GitHub account