Re: [dxwg] Clarify need for unambiguous profile URIs when compound specifications referenced. (#1017)

From: Karen Coyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 14:43:24 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I like the idea of tying this to functionality, such that IF you wish certain functionality then you MUST provide a "hook" (URI) into the description that supports that functionality.

Perhaps the statement in the document could be generalized to say something simple like: Any document or specification or portion thereof that is suitable for content negotiation must be unambiguously identified with a URI.

Although I do wonder if people won't think that it means a separate URI and not a URI with document fragment. Can that be made clear? It would be good to reference that section of the [IETF RFC](https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-4.4).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1017#issuecomment-515481535 using your GitHub account