Re: [dxwg] Range of dct:type (#1009)

From: Chris Wood via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 13:54:21 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@makxdekkers - sorry, I think I mixed terms up; your original answer did help more than I think you thought it did.

Cambridge Dictionaries define genre as:

> a style, especially in the arts, that involves a particular set of characteristics:
What genre does the book fall into - comedy or tragedy?

I think my confusion was that `dct:type` is defined as _The nature or genre of the resource._ - but without realising just _how_ wide the spectrum it covers was. I probably know even less about legal documents than you do about music :) but from looking at that list I can see why they're _types_ - although they're between the extremes of the spectrum of `dcmi:Text` and something as finely grained as some specific music genres (e.g. https://musicbrainz.org/genres)!

--
GitHub Notification of comment by wood-chris
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1009#issuecomment-513237358 using your GitHub account