Re: [dxwg] Question on IETF definition of Profile (#1002)

From: Ruben Verborgh via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 19:51:53 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
> It's a bit like being asked whether I want an orange or to have it delivered on Tuesday.

That is exactly the current limitation of MIME types. You can only say "orange on Tuesday", not "apple or orange" and "Tuesday or Wednesday".

Hence, for backward compatibility, we include "orange on Tuesday", but now can also add "or orange" and "Tuesday or Wednesday".

--
GitHub Notification of comment by RubenVerborgh
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1002#issuecomment-512962162 using your GitHub account