Re: [dxwg] refining the definition of profile in response to the poll (#989)

From: tombaker via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 04:30:57 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@rob-metalinkage My [original wording](https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/963#issuecomment-506650168) said:

    A well-designed data profile provides information useful for describing data in a
    given context without semantically contradicting the data specifications on which it is based.

This goes beyond the scope of a definition (which should be about what something is) into that of a usage note (what something should be or how it should be done), so I presented it separately from the definition.  Note that this positions a profile both with regard to "data in a given context" and to the specs on which it is based.

[I will be on break starting today so may be slow to respond.]

--
GitHub Notification of comment by tombaker
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/989#issuecomment-511087482 using your GitHub account