Re: [dxwg] Two things that our "profiles" are not (#976)

From: Stephen Richard via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 18:02:47 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@andrea-perego I"d suggest that what a profile is about (semantics vs. syntax) depends on the scope of the base specification that is being profiled.  If the base spec is a conceptual (semantics only), then the profile will be about semantics. If a base spec is about syntax and usage conventions (e.g. an interchange format like ISO19139, GeoSciML v4), then profiles of that would be about syntax and usage.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smrgeoinfo
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/976#issuecomment-508829173 using your GitHub account