Re: [dxwg] dcat:Resource description edits, section 5.1 (#966)

From: Riccardo Albertoni via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:41:02 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Considered that we have agreed to add the sentence
>dcat:Dataset and dcat:DataService can be used for datasets and services which are not documented in any catalog.

Do we want to remove "in a catalog" in the definition of dataset and data-service that follow? Otherwise, these definitions might be perceived as contradictory with the previous adding.

>dcat:Dataset represents a dataset ~~in a catalog~~. A dataset is a collection of data, published or curated by a single agent. Data comes in many forms including numbers, words, pixels, imagery, sound and other multi-media, and potentially other types, any of which might be collected into a dataset.

>dcat:DataService represents a data service  ~~in a catalog~~. A data service is a collection of operations accessible through an interface (API) that provide access to one or more datasets or data processing functions.

What do you think?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by riccardoAlbertoni
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/966#issuecomment-508746056 using your GitHub account