Re: [dxwg] Revisiting the definition of "profile" (#963)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 23:44:50 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I dont think there is actually a consensus yet on what a profile is, so we cant vote for wording and expect a good outcome.

I have proposed a new UC which hopefully covers the concerns people have over things like "recomendations" in documents co-existing with testable requirements:

https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/978

We may need to update examples to add identifiers for different "sets" within "documents", or define a convention that a conformance is strictly interpreted as conformance to the mandatory set of requirements, and that further description is necessary to handle cases of suggestion, optional re-use in an open world etc.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/963#issuecomment-508591178 using your GitHub account