Re: [dxwg] Two things that our "profiles" are not (#976)

From: Andrea Perego via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 21:33:48 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Reading the discussion, I'm still unclear whether we have an agreement on whether profiles are only about semantics (as per @aisaac 's comment, and [RFC6906](https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6906#section-3)), or they can also be about syntax (as @rob-metalinkage 's comment).

Because of the impact of this distinction on the definition of what is and is not a profile, I think it may be worth having a clear position on this point.

Personally, I would favour the notion that a profile is about semantics only.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by andrea-perego
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/976#issuecomment-508580045 using your GitHub account