Re: [dxwg] Range of dcat:endpointURL (#655)

From: Stephen Richard via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 15:54:45 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Sorry to bring this up again, but I don't think that the property-chain dcat:accessService/dcat:endpointURL actually matches the intention of dcat:accessURL.  I think the interpretation of accessURL that seems to be in use is to identify a web page (landing page, web form...) that a human has to interact with to get the desired distribution.   A service endpoint is oriented to machine interaction, and likely requires that the user client implement some software to generate the necessary web requests to get the distribution.   The interaction model for the two kinds of URLs is completely different.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smrgeoinfo
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/655#issuecomment-507738216 using your GitHub account