RE: Profiles ont namespace and profile docs short names - please respond

On Wednesday, November 07, 2018 4:19 PM, Karen Coyle [mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net] wrote:

> Alejandra has a good point here. While "/dx/prof/" is nicely compact, we
> actually have 3 "prof" deliverables. Alejandra suggests "prof-ont". I
> suppose we could also consider
>
> /dx/prof/ont( or even ontology)
> /dx/prof/guide
> /dx/prof/conneg

I thought that the /dx/* names are only for documents in the http://www.w3.org/ns/ branch (i. e. RDF vocabularies published as turtle or RDF/XML files), not for the other deliverables. Since the only RDF document we currently plan to publish is the profile ontology, I don't quite see the point in reserving paths for the prof-guide and for prof-conneg.

And do we really need to consider sub-namespaces of /dx/prof? If we use hash-URIs instead, the publication of the namespace document will be _very_ much more straightforward.

Lastly, +1 to moving conneg-by-ap to prof-conneg.

Best,

Lars