RE: open-ended date ranges for dataset descriptions

Dan,

If I understand correctly, you are looking for a string-based expression of open intervals.

The European DCAT Application Profile employs a ‘thing’-based approach and models date ranges for temporal coverage as dct:PeriodOfTime with schema:startDate and schema:endDate.

E.g.:

:DatasetX dct:temporal [

   a dct:PeriodOfTime ;

  schema:startDate “2011” ;

  schema:endDate “2017” ;

] .

The specification allows only one of the limits to be provided so if only the start date is provided the end date is unbounded.

Makx.